Adult Safeguarding Isle of Wight

Concerned for an adult
If you are concerned for an adult at risk without known care and support needs, please visit our Domestic Abuse pages for services available to help. 

If you are concerned for an adult at risk with care and support needs, there are ways you can help:

try speaking to the person about what you have noticed. Give the person the opportunity to talk, and listen carefully to what they tell you
it is important to stay calm if they tell you about their abuse. Some people want to speak but worry how you might react
never promise you won't tell a professional, as you may need to ask for help. Some people may ask you to promise not to tell anyone else about the abuse 
remember to treat the person as an adult and not a child. Even if they appear confused or disoriented, they may still react to what you are saying and how you say it
remember never to lead someone into saying something
try not to be over-protective or treat them like a victim 
offer to assist them to seek help.
 Report a safeguarding concern
If you are a professional reporting on behalf of a patient/client and you have any questions regarding the form or the reporting process, email

 Professionals Adult Safeguarding Concerns Referral
Who can help
When appropriate, explain who can help:

health or social care professionals
home carers and care home employees
volunteers and advocates.
Ask them what they want you to do, and who they want you to contact on their behalf.

If you are worried about someone’s safety, please tell us by reporting your concern. You can report a concern anonymously or, if safe to do so, provide your contact details to us for feedback about your concern.
What happens next
We will listen to you and treat your concerns seriously. And we will work with you and the individual concerned to make sure you are both safe and protected.

Once a concern is reported to us, if you provided your personal details to receive feedback, we will respond to you within 24 hours if the concern is raised during normal business hours. It may take up to 72 hours for a response if received over the weekend. (Do not use the Report a concern form if the person you are worried about is in immediate danger. Instead, call 999.)

If you preferred to report your concern anonymously, you will receive no feedback, but we will receive and respond to the concern within 24 to 72 hours.

You can visit our Safeguarding Adults Board page for more information.
In this section
Immediate danger
What is safeguarding
If you are a carer
Safeguarding Adults Board
Keep yourself safe online

Contact information
Contact Adult Social Care
01983 814980
County Hall
High Street
Isle of Wight
PO30 1UD

Information and advice
Additional needs catered for:
Key words - separate with a comma: worried, concerned, safeguarding, abuse, domestic abuse, financial abuse, emotional abuse, physical abuse, frightened, support, reporting
Disclaimer: Please note that services on the Joy Marketplace are independent and are not necessarily endorsed by your locality/area.