Housing Standards

Cumberland Council believes everyone should have a home that is safe and free from hazards that may harm their health and wellbeing.

If you live in rented accommodation and are concerned about the standard and safety of your property you should speak to your landlord.

If you would like any advice or your landlord is not responding to your concerns, then please get in touch and we can arrange to come and inspect your property and if appropriate take enforcement action against your landlord to ensure the issues in the property are addressed.

The Ministry of Justice, in collaboration with the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, has launched an online tool to help tenants resolve housing disrepair issues in private rented accommodation.

Housing advice
Information and advice
Support with housing
Service access criteria:

Must live in the Cumberland area.

Additional needs catered for:
damp, mould, housing, advice
Disclaimer: Please note that services on the Joy Marketplace are independent and are not necessarily endorsed by your locality/area.