About Derby SENDIASS
Free, confidential, impartial information, advice and support for parents, children and young people up to the age of 25 about Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Do you need our help?

Are you finding it hard to get your voice heard?
Do you need someone impartial and confidential to talk to about the
support your child or young person receives?
Do you need information about education, health or social care
systems in relation to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) provision?
Do you need support in discussions with your child’s school or Local
Has your child or young person been excluded or at risk of exclusion
from school or on a part time timetable?
Children and Young People

Do you need some more information to help make decisions
and choices around education, health and social care?
Do you need someone to talk to about the difficulties you
are experiencing?
We can provide you with impartial information and advice suited to your
specific needs as well as guiding you through the SEND processes
and procedures. We’re here to help when you’re not sure of something,

The law on SEND, health and social care
Personal budgets
Requesting Education Health Care Plans (EHCP) – formerly statutory
The Local Offer (what is available in Derby)
Transition Post 16
Preparing for adulthood
Resolving disagreements
Exclusions and part time timetables from school
Face-to-face support and advice*
Support in attending meetings and school visits*
Signposting to other organisations
*Dependent on availability

Independent Support
We can support you through the Educational Health Care (EHC) Plan Needs Assessment.

There is help for:

Families from the point they request an EHC Needs Assessment
Families of children and young people moving from a Statement of
Special Educational Needs to an EHC plan
Young people with learning disability assessment, who are requesting an EHCP

Advocacy for carers
Support for carers