Department of Work and Pensions Home Visiting Service for Form Filling

You may be able to get a home visit from a Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) officer to help you with your benefit claim.

You cannot book a visit yourself. Tell DWP you need help to claim benefits by calling the number of the benefit you’re applying for. If you’re eligible, they’ll arrange a support visit.

You can also be referred for a support visit by a charitable organisation like Citizens Advice or Age UK.

Support visits can take place somewhere other than your home, for example at a hospital. This will usually be discussed with you when you’re referred.

Helping with money